The multi-award-winning VRS F/A-18E Superbug is here for FSX! We've
taken all the incredible and innovative features of our FS2004 version and
supercharged them with updated graphics, updated effects, new block II model
enhancements, and tons of incredible new features including true HUD-based night
vision, firing fully animated weapons including cannons and missiles with smoke
trails, and awesome new lighting technologies.
The FSX version of the Superbug takes all of the fantastic innovations we
developed for FS2004 to a new level of graphic nirvana. The 2D and VC models
were reworked and re-textured with high resolution FSX native materials
including detailed specular and bump maps. Draw calls were reduced by
approximately 20%, and new skinned-mesh animations were added. Effects for
missile flyout were introduced that allow plumes and smoke trails. New g-induced
and mach-based vapor effects, afterburners, fresnel-based lighting, and a slew
of other improvements round out this incredible new FSX package.
Crafted by a small, dedicated team of developers who also happen to be
engineers in real life, the VRS F/A-18E seeks to provide what we believe is by
far the most comprehensive overall simulation of ANY combat aircraft ever
created for the Flight Simulator franchise. VRS has created a truly remarkable
and faithful reproduction of the U.S. Navy's newest strike fighter. Systems
ranging from tactical (functioning weapons and sensors) to dedicated, custom
fuel, hydraulic and ECS simulation designed [strictly] based on the U.S. Navy's
NATOPS flight manuals for this aircraft. Everything from the working and
accurate radar, to the early warning and navigation systems are meticulously
recreated in extreme detail and fidelity.
The VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet, or "Superbug", is the first
true 3-axis fly-by-wire combat aircraft designed for Microsoft Flight
Simulator. The flight model is not "fly-by-wire-like", it's a dynamic, fully
control-law-dependent proportional control system driving a single (ordinance
independent) neutrally-statically-stable base flight model. The FBW system
extends to 100% custom autopilot functions.
Extensively researched visuals include a fully functional (and we mean fully
functional and flyable) Virtual Cockpit including 90% 3D switches, knobs,
buttons, and even individual bolts. True HUD collimation provides accurate
velocity vector/flight path and targeting indication under all flight
conditions. Designed with TrackIR users in mind, you'll find no equal in terms
of HUD performance and accuracy. Our "intelligent" highly optimized 3D external
model responds to preferences, drawing only the weapons you select for load-out
with the Aircraft Configuration Manager. Thousands of weapons combinations are
possible, yet only one 3D model is required. In addition, all weight, drag and
asymmetry is accounted for no matter what you load on the aircraft. When a
weapon is released, it is of course fully animated, but most importantly the
weight, drag, and lateral moments are accounted for accurately. Drop or fire a
weapon and watch the flight dynamics change. This is MUCH more than a pretty
plane; the VRS F/A-18 is serious aircraft simulation in every respect.
The VRS F/A-18E is the recipient of multiple awards including the coveted
Avsim Gold Star and PC Pilot Magazine's Platinum award. These are the highest
review awards available in their respective mediums. If you've tried military
aircraft for MSFS before, and they've left a bad taste in your mouth, give the
Superbug a try and see why VRS has been called "The PMDG/Level-D of military
addons." Let us craft YOU a killing machine!
New FSX exclusive features:
- Completely reworked external and internal (VC) models with additional
geometry and reduced draw-calls.
- Missile smoke trails and plume effects.
- HUD NVG mode for VFR through-the-HUD night vision in any conditions.
- Custom landing lights which illuminate not only the ground, but objects
- New highly dynamic g-induced and mach vapor effects.
- A completely redone FSX-native material set including improved
weathering and baking, specular, and bump mapping.
- 7 cockpit-selectable strobe patterns modeled on the exact same
frequencies used in the real aircraft.
- Model-based exterior lighting with fresnel flaring.
- Acceleration compatible carrier operations.
- Full-screen HUD replaces 2D panel (no 2D instrument panel is available
in the FSX version).
- Study-level simulation designed based on U.S. Navy NATOPS flight
- Unmatched accuracy and depth of simulation.
- The only true fly-by-wire control augmentation system (CAS) available
- A single, dynamic (changes in real-time based on current loadout) base
- Highly efficient and detailed external modeling recreating every nuance
of the F/A-18E.
- Every weapon and store individually modeled with weight, asymmetry and
drag characteristics which are shed after release.
- Dozens of custom keystroke commands which may all be mapped to gaming
devices for "real as it gets" HOTAS setups.
- State of the art virtual cockpit (VC) :
- High resolution textures with incredibly sharp panel text.
- Unshaded (emissive) avionics and HUD.
- HUD collimation for TrackIR.
- Dynamic shadowing effects.
- Transilluminated panel text with separate main and console
- Flood lighting.
- NVG lighting.
- Adjustable levels of detail (via ACM).
- 2D sub-panels available in native resolutions up to 1920x1200. An
easy-to-use “Panel Navigator” may be used to quickly bring up any of a dozen
- AN/APG-73 A/A Radar simulation.
- True B-sweep design with adjustable scan volumes and doppler
- Multi-sensor integration (cheat) mode.
- Velocity Search (VS).
- Range While Search (RWS).
- Track While Scan (TWS).
- Boresight (ACM).
- Vertical Aquisition (VACQ).
- Wide Aquisition (WACQ).
- Auto Aquisition (AACQ).
- Thousands of combinations of firing and droppable ordinance using a
single procedurally animated “smart” model system. Any store on any
allowable station. Stores include:
- AIM-9X “Sidewinder”.
- AIM-9M “Sidewinder”.
- AIM-7 “Sparrow”.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM.
- AGM-65E “Laser Maverick”.
- AGM-84D “Harpoon”.
- AGM-84H SLAM-ER.
- AGM-154A JTOW.
- AGM-88C HARM.
- GBU-10 “Paveway II”.
- GBU-12 (singles or pairs).
- GBU-31 JDAM.
- FPU-11 480 USG external tanks.
- ASQ-228 ATFLIR.
- AA42R-1 “Buddy Tank”.
- SUU-78A center pylon.
- LAU-1126A cheek pylons.
- SUU-79A main pylon.
- SUU-80A outboard pylon.
- LAU-127A tip launcher.
- Built-in aerial refueling using any AI aircraft. Receive (IFR) or
deliver (buddy tank) fuel.
- Fully animated canopy and full NACES 0/0 ejection sequences.
- Procedural animation system including:
- Missile launches (4 types).
- AGM launches and glide (4 types).
- Bomb release (5 types).
- Jettison (emergency or selective).
- Boarding ladder.
- Port and starboard avionics bays.
- ECS auxiliary duct doors.
- Radar bay.
- Full pilot articulation with autonomous movement and gesturing.
- FCS-driven flight control surfaces.
- Speedbrake function involving multiple surfaces.
- Rudder toe-in and flare.
- Asymmetrical trailing and leading edge flaps.
- Wing fold.
- Launch bar.
- Holdback bar.
- Catapult shoe.
- LEX and tip vapor effects.
- ALE-50 (towed decoy) extention/retraction and jettison.
- ALE-47 (chaff and flare) dispensing.
- A/A42R-1 refueling tank hose extention and retraction.
- Over 70 22K 16-bit discrete cockpit sound samples.
- 3D landing lights licensed from A2A.
- 350+ pages of documentation including a 90 page tutorial.
- Getting Started guide.
- Tutorial flight.
- Aircraft Manager guide.
- Aircraft guide.
- Cockpit system guide.
- Navigation & Communications.
- Paint kit.
- Keyboard reference.
- Simulated combat capability:
- "Hostility zone” modeling for Anti-Air-Warfare (SAM/AAA). Kill them
or they kill you.
- Accurate AN/APG-73 A/A radar simulation with multi-mode capability.
- AI and multiplayer aircraft can be tracked and fired upon and will
disappear from radar if hit.
- 3 CCIP bombing modes.
- 3 HARM release modes.
- Laser Maverick simulation.
- Discrete air-to-air missile modeling.
- FLIR LST and LTD simulation (no IR imagery).
- 40 official liveries including all active F/A-18E USN squadrons and
fictional Blue Angels.
- Comprehensive failure and battle damage system.
- Sharp vector graphics and advanced lighting techniques (no more dark VC
- Highly accurate, custom designed vector-based avionic displays.
- Custom auto throttle:
- Cruise ATC maintains airspeed at the time of engagement.
- Approach ATC continually adjusts speed to maintain approach AOA.
- Custom 12-mode autopilot which mimics the actual F/A-18E AFCS:
- Barometric Altitude Hold (BALT).
- Radar Altitude Hold (RALT).
- Flight Path Angle Hold (FPAH)
- Heading Hold (HHLD).
- Heading Select (HSEL).
- Ground Track Hold (GTRK).
- Ground Track Select (GSEL).
- Roll Hold (ROLL).
- Coupled Waypoint (CPL WPT).
- Coupled TACAN (CPL TCN).
- Coupled Sequence (CPL SEQ).
- Fully collimated (TrackIR savvy) vector HUD.
- Aircraft Configuration Manager (ACM) application:
- Livery import/export and browsing functions.
- Custom weapons loading. Anything you want in any combination.
- Fuel Loading.
- Electrical, hydraulic and avionic failure arming.
- External model and VC preferences.
- Operational preferences.
- Reference Section.
- Automatic Updates.
- Comprehensive, custom primary systems modeling:
- Environmental Control (ECS).
- Custom navigation system:
- Ground-based and air-to-air TACAN navigation.
- Custom in-flight waypoint insertion/deletion.
- GPS transfer function.
- Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) with ellipsoid selection
- World-class tech support via official support forums.
The VRS Superbug is a COMPLEX aircraft requiring English reading skills and
patience to master. VRS offers support through their website at
www.vrsimulations.com, however please
note that VRS does not provide refunds on products purchased through
|Flight Simulator Version:
10.0 (FSX with Service Pack 2 or Acceleration/X-pack or FSX Gold)
(freely available from www.microsoft.com/NET/)
4.60+ for FSX (freely available from www.schiratti.com/dowson.html)
XP (SP2) or Vista (any version)
Required for product activation. Optional for automatic updates.
Joystick mandatory. Separate rudder and throttle highly
recommended. FSX built-in Force feedback NOT supported. Force
feedback must be disabled in FSX.
CPU Minimum (8-12 FPS):
3.2GHz Single Core
CPU Average (20-30 FPS):
2.5GHz Intel Dual/Quad Core
CPU Excellent (35-45 FPS):
||3.6GHz Intel Dual/Quad Core