Note: Customers who have already previously purchased REX - Real Environment Xtreme for FSX have had their download links updated to reflect this updated version and do NOT have to purchase this product again.
Note: Customers who have already purchased the FS2004 version receive a USD$5.00 discount that will be automatically applied during checkout.
* The retail boxed edition is also available, click here.
ANNOUNCING REX ESSENTIAL PLUS!
REX Essential PLUS is a complete photo-realistic, hi-definition environmental weather and texture package with flight planning capabilities for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin's PREPAR3D. Includes a robust selection of beautiful user-selectable or automatically-selectable sky, cloud themes and other environment textures, real-world and custom weather generators, real-time weather reporting & updating. Now included within REX Essential PLUS is the ability to download archived (historic) weather.
REX Game Studios is committed to maximizing the weather, planning and flight realism experienced by their flight simulator customers. With over 8 years of research and development, the REX line of products have become the benchmark utility for the discerned flight simulator pilot, offering a wealth of features and advances in technology.
New in REX Essential PLUS is the Weather Engine Plus mode, a second weather engine mode utilizing the weather theme process. This process injects real-time live weather, archived weather and even custom weather into FSX/P3D. The process is fast, eliminates flashing and does not affect frame rates. Synoptic and Micro weather station features are included, adding more depth to this new weather mode. Weather Engine Plus injects real weather including real winds and temperatures aloft. To sum it up, there are two modes in which to inject weather into FSX/P3D: the standard station mode or the Weather Engine Plus mode.
The new Download Center inside of REX allows REX Game Studios® to provide new FSX and Prepar3D content to its user-base in a timely manner.
REX Game Studios has partnered with FlightAware, the leading aviation software and data services company to expand upon real-world flight planning within REX Essential PLUS. REX also allows you to control environment, water and airport textures, as well as lighting effects that are so critical to the enjoyment and immersion within the flight simulator experience. All of these features may be fully manipulated to your individual tastes.
REX ESSENTIAL PLUS FEATURES:
To use REX Essential PLUS with Prepar3D, users will be required to pay a one-time licensing fee. Purchasing this special license is only available within the REX Essential PLUS application. To use FlightAware data within REX Essential PLUS, users will be required to purchase a monthly subscription. Purchasing this subscription is only available within the REX Essential PLUS application.
- TWO Newly-engineered, industrial strength weather engine modes with integrated real-world winds and temperatures aloft
- Random weather generator
- Weather Cubed Technology with server-side functionality, takes the processing duties off of the host computer for smoother frame rates within flight simulator environment
- Built-In FlightAware flight planning within the new REX Flight Center. Ability to search for real-world, real-time IFR flights scheduled at a single airport or between routes between two airports. You are provided details about the flight and then able to import the flight plan into FSX or P3D via REX Essential PLUS
- REX Edge Technology allows community integration such as sharing texture and flight plans with other REX users around the world. All REX users are now connected in various ways to each other, thus allowing them to share their creations with other REX users.
- Accelerated texture installation process. Added ability to reduce install time with a click of a button.
- New Environment Sounds! REX Essential PLUS now includes true environment and weather-related audio.
- Hi-definition, ultra-realistic 3D clouds and realistic rendering of cirrus clouds as seen in the real world
- Sky color environments, including smoothing horizon transition & visibility smoothing for dawn, day, dusk & night textures
- Convincingly real water environments with tropical reef simulation (end user color controllable, including tropical with reef simulations, inland and ocean, wave turbulence/frequency, environment variants & coloring. Also new realistic type of wave and reflection included in many variations for shader 1x and shader 2x INCLUDING DX10 Compatible)
- Airport environments (photo-real asphalt & concrete runway textures, new runway and ground bump-mapping, asphalt taxiways, concrete taxiways, realistic taxiway markings, airport signage, airport parking and general photorealistic airport ground scenery)
- Multiple variations of sun, lens flare & lightning bolt algorithms, which creates a visually stunning array of lightning situations
- Fully integrated to select sky, cloud, water, airport, and effect themes based upon weather situation, season, and other synoptic, mesoscale, and micro weather conditions
- Enhanced Cloud Simulation to give a more 3D volumetric feel to cloud structures and the atmosphere
- Lighting environments (runway lighting including simulated ground glow, stunningly realistic aircraft spotlights with variations for small to large aircraft, aircraft strobe lights, variations for add-on aircraft as well)
- 3d cloud & water resolution options for performance preference
- Flexibility to work in tandem with other vendor weather & texture packages
- User-friendly intuitive and visually pleasing interface
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Many more screenshots and videos are available at the REX Website.
- Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (requires Standard Edition with at least SP1, compatible with SP2/Acceleration, Deluxe Edition required for network setup operations)
- Processor: 2.0Ghz+
- RAM: 2GB
- Hard Drive: 15GB of free space for installation
- Video Card: 256MB DirectX 9 compatible (512MB recommended)
- Other: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - required for REX, download from this link.
- Internet connection required to download REX service packs and real-time weather data.
Note: REX utilises The FlightSim Store wrapper requiring validation to begin the installation process.
Due to the size of this add-on we recommend delivery using our Digital Media Service.