Inaugurated in 1972, the airport of El Hierro, located in the municipality of Valverde, has changed life on the island, improving communications with the rest of the archipelago and paving the way to a new type of tourism.Air traffic is domestic, with the main origin/destination of flights being Tenerife Norte Airport and, to a lesser extent, the airports of Gran Canaria and La Palma. In 2007, the airport processed 184,762 passengers, 4,790 operations and 171 tonnes of cargo.
The first aeronautical event on the island of El Hierro occurred on 12 December 1955 when a helicopter flew to the island, in what was also the first search and rescue operation in the Canary Islands, to airlift a sick person off the island. Studies for the localisation of an airport began in 1962. Due to the complicated relief of the island, the options were limited and in the end an area on the coast was chosen, known as Llano de los Cangrejos, situated in the northeast of the island, close to its capital, Valverde.
This scene represents a realistic and complete representation of the airport and his environment: landclass, reliefs, the roads, ports, the cities, this scenery is the perfect for an unforgettable trip under the shadow of the volcanoes. Destination for yours Spring and Summer flights...
System requirements for FSX:
- Original detailed airport scenery
- 3D Signalizations and taxi lights
- Numerous static objects at the airport
- New Landclass
- New Mesh Terrain
- Corrected coastlines
- Frontera, Puerto de La Estaca, Valverde, Roque de Bonanza...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (with the Service Pack 2)
- Windows XP, Vista
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or Intel Core 2 Extreme 1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM recommended)
- Graphic card with minimal 256 MB RAM (512 recommended)
- Install Size: 33.2 Mb