Note: The download file size for this product is 22.9GB. We recommend the use of the Digital Media Service delivery option allowing product delivery on 6 DVD-ROM disks. The additional price includes delivery.
FS Global 2010 is a software, which delivers mesh scenery (= 3D wireframe) for the whole globe. (We often are asked "Is it really the whole world, which is covered?" The answer is "Yes, the whole world is covered".)
The resolution of the mesh is up to 9m, where data permits and resolution makes sense. This means, the points of the wire frame are 9m apart. For technical geeks: THE LOD varies from LOD 8 to LOD 12. LOD 8 for "flat" areas (you don't need LOD 12 there, since flat is flat, whatever LOD you will render it in) and more to LOD 12 for mountainous areas (data availability permitting).
It seamlessly blends into your existing Flight Simulator scenery.
This edition was designed to support FS Global Vector as well as Orbx FTX Global Texture, Vector and LC as they are made available. Install all of them and you have a completely new Flight Simulator World.
It can at any time be used as a standalone mesh add-on as well.
FS Global 2010 for FTX was designed to work with Microsoft FSX and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D 1.4 and Prepar3D 2.0.
- (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)
- High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m)
- Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)
- additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra, Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)
- huge areas in the north of Russia in LOD9
- Antarctica in LOD8
- sophisticated new algorithm for correct views of ridges and peaks (most of them should have been higher and will now be nearer to actual value)
- new algorithm for reducing irrelevant data for higher data compression
- new algorithm for finding and correcting errors
- Airport-Patches for prominent problem areas
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2 or Acceleration) or Prepar3D v1.4 or Prepar3D v2.0
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
2.0 Ghz processor (Intel Duo2Core recommended)
2 GB RAM
25 GB free hard disk space