The Airbus A320 family is one of the most successful families of aircraft ever designed. Being the first mass produced aircraft that combined fly-by-wire avionics and lightweight composite materials it revolutionized air travel by bringing down the cost of flights. They also made Airbus one of the biggest aircraft manufacturers in the world.
The Airbus X Extended builds on the successful Airbus X product released in 2010 by Aerosoft. This new version includes far more complex and realistic navigation tools and a rewritten fly by wire implementation. Every stage of the flight can now be realistically simulated in FSX and Prepar3D. It’s the logical step for people who want to explore more complex systems.
- Simulation of the Airbus A320 and A321 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat.
- Five models: A320 IAE engines, A320 CFM engines, A321 IAE engines, A321 CFM engines, A320 NEO demonstrator (A320 CFM with sharklets).
- Late model cockpit (with LCD and updated ADIRS). Note we do default to the A321 CFM cockpit for all models (that is is also flown with N1 displays btw).
- Twenty-one liveries, extensive paint kit. Over 100 additional liveries available on release.
- Sublime modeling/texturing based on the latest technologies. Very easy on frame-rates.
- Landing lights, taxi lights, taxiway turn-off lights created with the best technology which actually lights objects up.
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sun screens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces etc).
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers.
- Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power etc) and to actually provide ground power.
- All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened.
- Many systems programmed in XML to allows users to change code.
- Extensive manuals, with highly detailed step-by-step section in (at least) 12 languages.
- Prepared for Airport Enhancement Services. Fully compatible with GSX.
- SDK will be available, LINDA connectivity available.
- Add-in system that allows the aircraft to be extended with 3rd party applications (all using the right MCDU).
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views.
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion.
- Add-in Checklist system: semi-automated audio checklists. Checklist has two options, callouts only, or callouts with semi-automation (think virtual co-pilot).
- We opened part of the support sections already so the FAQ section could assist in answering some of the frequently asked questions: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/518-faq/
- Fully tested under Windows 8.
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim. Very nice to manually fly.
- Fully custom autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes. VNAV and LNAV included. FPA/TRK included.
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, flex take-off.
- Full featured MCDU (can be controlled via web browser, for example on tablet computers), also, information can be inserted using a the keyboard!
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing.
- VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported.
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database (better coverage then Navigraph) but backwards compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release and this can be updated by the user at any moment.
- Complete Runway Awareness and Advisory System included.
- 12 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information.
- Full featured Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR) with 25 hour storage capacity and external display program (data can be exchanged with FS Flight Keeper, and a visual display of your flight can be exported to view in Google Earth).
- Full features ADIR`s system.
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM.
- Full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages.
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc.
- Full custom fuel flow, avoiding standard FSX limitations.
- Full custom autobrakes with constant deceleration instead of constant brake pressure.
- Full featured loading and refueling module (interfaced with FSX) with advanced and simple mode.
- Print option (not virtual, real printing) for performance sheet with V1, VR, V2, Runway Data, Packs, Flaps, Acceleration Height, Flex, Wind, OAT, QNH.
- Approaching Runway (on ground)
- Approaching Runway (in air)
- On Runway
- Runway End
- Taxiway Take-off
- Insufficient Runway Length
- Extended Holding on Runway
- Approaching Short Runway (in air)
- Taxiway Landing
- Flaps Setting (Take-off and Landing)
- Landing Distance Remaining
- Distance Remaining (Rejected Take-off)
- Excessive Approach Speed
- Excessive Approach Angle
- Unstable Approach
- Altimeter settings (above and below Transition)
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD etc.
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Infobar displaying the next manually to be taken action
- Integration of AES functionality (optional) e.g. different pushback procedures if AES is installed
- Speed limiter p. e. if the speed below 10.000 feet exceeds 250 knots the PnF gives a warning and automatically (optional) extends spoilers until the speed is below 250 knots.
- Option to pause FSX 10 NM before TOD or at next waypoint
- Saving of all made settings for the next flight (except CHECKLIST and PnF functionality)
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Flight Data Recorder controls
- Air Lingus
- Air Asia
- Condor Flugdienst
- Easy Jet
- Swiss Air
- British Airways
- Egypt Air
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Air Berlin
- Airbus Industries
- Air France
- Swiss Air
- Thomas Cook
A320 CFM Sharklets:
- British Airways
- China Southern
- Royal Jordanian
- Airbus Industry demonstrator
- Air Berlin One World
- Virgin America
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Installations-Size: 1,8 GB