This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX NA GOLD Central Rocky Mountains must be installed prior to use.
The Last Best Place.
West Yellowstone airport is situated in southwestern Montana and serves as an entrance to the oldest national park in the United States, Yellowstone National Park.
The airport receives seasonal flights from Salt Lake City through SkyWest, operating under Delta Connection. As a gateway to Yellowstone, Big Sky Ski Resort, Island Park, and the Madison River, West Yellowstone serves over 4,000 passengers yearly. The airport boasts an 8400ft long runway, the longest of any HD Orbx airport in North America. At an altitude of 6649ft ASL, West Yellowstone is also the highest in elevation of any Orbx airport. Flying in and out of West Yellowstone is a challenge of its own as the airport is situated in a bowl shaped valley that ranges from six to eight thousand feet in elevation with nearby peaks up to twelve thousand feet high. The region is considered subarctic and after the first snows in early October the airport becomes quiet until the thaw in late May. The airport is capable of handling general aviation all the way up to 747's, as evidenced by Air Force One's visit several years ago.
Another fine airport for CRM from Tim Harris and Alex Goff!
- Airport ground imagery at 30cm detail
- Covering 95.1sq/mi of surrounding valley
- Includes Hebgen Lake and West Yellowstone
- Includes Horse Butte in 90cm detail
- Detailed depiction of West Yellowstone airport
- High def ground poly and apron
- Use of all current Flow technologies
- Seamless integration with landclass textures
- Super optimized for NGX and airliners
- Orbx's second Central Rockies airport!
- Expert 5 seasons color matched imagery
- By Tim Harris and Alex Goff