Also known as Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA: PVR, ICAO: MMPR), Puerto Vallata International is located in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco at the Pacific Ocean side of Mexico. The airport serves thousands of tourists each year and in 2011, the airport handled over 2.5 million passengers. The airport is named after President Gustavo Díaz Ordaz.
The top ten busiest routes out of Puerto Vallarta are Los Angeles, Pheonix, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Seattle and Calgary, in that order. Airlines servicing the airport include, Aeromexico, Air Canada, American, Air Transat, Alaska, Arkefly, Canjet, Delta, Enerjet, Frontier, Interjet, Magnicharters, Sun Country, Sunwings, Thomas Cook, United, USAir, Viva Aerobus, Virgin America, Volaris and Westjet.
Puerto Vallarta International has a 10,171ft runway and caters for all types of aircraft. Information specific to airport services, runway type, navigational equipment, lighting, etc, are included with product doc.
- Accurate airport terminal buildings;
- Specific photoreal coverage of Banderas Bay/Valley area including Old Town Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta (Nayarit district). The coverage provides a nice extended in-flight approach view all the way to touchdown, especially during dusk and night;
- Custom runway and ground/apron textured polygons, and appropriate markings;
- Custom vegetation, 3D grass, and objects;
- Custom 38m mesh for the Banderas Bay/Valley terrain surroundings. (MMPR is also compatible with any payware or freeware mesh for Mexico/Central America);
- Landmark Puerto Valarta hotels/resorts along nearly 30 miles of white sandy coastline
- Complete hand textured coloration of land and waterclass typical of Jalisco State;
- Exceptional textured night lighting and effects;
- 15/30cm/pixel photoreal texture;
- Framerate-friendly (including full autogen enhancements for framerate fluidity using SDK annotator). This means all sliders to the right with very minimal fps impact;
- Radio navigation enhanced for instrument approaches (ILS/DME and VOR);
- MyTrafficX compatible for real-world schedules and airline liveries that frequent Puerto Vallarta. Also compatible with Ultimate Traffic 2, and freeware and default AI programs;
- ....and more.
Puerto Vallarta International was developed on a medium system for medium to high-end computers, and was tested on WinXP, Vista and Win7 32/64 bit platforms with medium to high-end graphic cards. Specific requirements include:
RECOMMENDED FSX SETTINGS
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP1, SP2/Acceleration)
- Pentium IV 2.6 GHz (2GHz Duo2Core Intel and above or equivalent advised)
- 1 GB RAM and above recommened
- 256 Mb DirectX 9/10 graphics card (512 Mb or higher recommended)
- Word for Windows or Adobe Acrobat® Reader 6 minimal to read and print the manual.
- Over 550mb of hard disk space
Frame rates from scenery complexity and autogen settings were averaged at 30fps and above. This includes moving sliders 100% to the right. Lower settings yielded much higher frames, but our recommendation is Dense to Very Dense for variable exceptional rates. Since the scenery is 15/30cm/pixel photoreal and comes with own 38m mesh, it is highly recommended that Mesh Resolution be set at 1 meter within FSX Display Settings (or slider adjusted 100% to the right). Texture Resolution should also be set at 30cm or above (or slider set 100% to the right).
Recommended AI Traffic requirements and settings:
There are AI boat traffic movement within Banderas Bay. To maintain a formidable and exceptional level of FPS, it is recommended that leisure boats be set at 30% or less.
AI road traffic is only found at/near the airport at major road trunks so as to save on FPS. Recommended setting is 40% or lower.
MyTrafficX from B Renk (developer) is our choice of payware AI air traffic engine especially to reflect compatibility with real-world schedules and airline liveries that frequent Puerto Vallarta International. So you need that to experience RW simulated AI traffic flow. Recommended setting for fluidity is 60% or less. The product is also compatible with Ultimate Traffic 2, other non-payware AI programs, and default the AI engine.
PRODUCT DISCLOSURE and DISCLAIMER
Similar to any Flight Simulator (FS) Addons, this product may have issues that are either default (Microsoft-related) or developer-related. Issues that are MS-related, whether documented or undocumented are many, but we can only speak for our product. Although there are no micro-stutters or huge lag in fps as tested, it is advisable to lower the Water Effects within FSX Display Settings to High 2x. and set Autogen down to respectable levels for fluidity. These are recommended for lower to medium-end systems, however the scenery is meant for sliders maxed at 100% peak for those computers who can afford the high level scenery design.
No technical issues were encountered during various beta tests, whether hardware or software- related. Instructions for installation of software are straightforward; however, venturing outside bounds of recommended installation and use is at sole discretion of End-User. We will not bear responsibility for issues resulting from installation of the product, in part or full, into former Flight Simulator platforms which includes FS2004 because the product is not backward compatible. Furthermore, we will not be held responsible if files are altered within software for any reason associated with End-User taste or choice.
The product is Non-refundable for these and various other reasons.