Ant's Airplanes is proud to present the Eaglet Light Sport Aircraft addon for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X.
The Eaglet LSA is a high wing all aluminium two seater aircraft powered by the fuel efficient Rotax 912 100hp engine. The aircraft is a robust trainer and cross country tourer with excellent feel and response. The Eaglet has a roomy cabin with two seats, excellent leg room and dual control sticks, throttles and rudder pedals. The Eaglet also features a steerable nosewheel, toe brakes and spring steel suspension.
This version includes two different panel configurations, one with normal analog style gauges, the other with an Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS). Other features include:
Version 1.1 is now available and is a maintenance patch that fixes various bugs in the original release. It includes the following changes:
- Smooth 3D gauges
- Incredibly detailed exterior and virtual cockpit models
- Custom made radios, 296 GPS and autopilots
- Bump and specular mapped textures
- Two different panel setups, EFIS glass cockpit and normal analog gauge cockpit
- Custom landing light effect
- Virtual cockpit rain effects
- Realistic prop torque effect
- 7 real world repaints plus 4 with user adjustable registration numbers
- Genuine engine souds
- Hot swappable RPM (engine/prop rpm) and airspeed (knots/kmh) gauges
- In game Animation Manager
- Tiedowns, wheel chocks and pitot covers (controlled by Animation Manager)
- Animated pilot and passenger (visibility can be controlled by Animation Manager)
- Pilot head individually switchable in VC
- Separate Eaglet Setup program to set preferences (require min MS .NET 4.0)
- Demo version available so you can try before you buy
The demo version of this aircraft is available from the developers website at www.antsairplanes.com. The demo is limited to a white texture only and demo is written in inconvenient places. Apart from these limitations the demo is exactly like the full version so it should provide an accurate representation of the performance and framerates you would get from the full version.
- Fixes to the fuel pump, autopilot and flap sounds.
- Reduced wind sound level
- Radio turns off FSX ATC when radio is off.
- Reduced engine temperatures.
- Various typos fixed
- Fixed aircraft selection publisher
Please note that although the radio, GPS and autopilot gauges are available as 2D popups there is no main 2D panel with this aircraft.
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or Gold
250MB of free hard drive space
Microsoft .NET 4.0 to run the Eaglet Setup Program