Available in boxed DVD edition here.
This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX Australia or Orbx FTX AU Blue region must be installed prior to use.
The airport which launched Orbx's foray into airport scenery back in 2008 is back - on steroids!!
YMML has been our best-selling airport of all time, and for good reason - it captures the essence of this iconic 40 year old airport like no other scenery has ever done. Commonly known to staff working there as the "bits and pieces airport", YMML has always been a tremendously challenging project because literally no two aerobridges are the same, and the terminals have grown using a dozen different architectural styles since 1970. It's also what makes the airport so interesting to visit.
We've listened to all your feedback, performance issues (and also praise) through versions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.5 and now this new release has been rebuilt from the ground up with stunning 7cm/pixel aerial imagery (photographed this year), expanded 60cm regional coverage and much more.
But first, let me quote two beta testers from this morning:
"I am not sure what you have done, but the performance on my machine is BRILLIANT, compared to any previous version. I set autogen to NORMAL and turned off all options in the CP. I was getting 30 plus fps , without any of the usual spikes that cause stuttering. I then enabled all the options in the CP, and repeated similar scenarios , with the minimum fps dropping to 14 for a very short period, but the average was around 20 fps. At no time did I have excessive stuttering, and it was flyable all the time." - PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 Ghz | GA-EP45T-EXTREME P45 Mobo | 8GB DDR3@1333 | 285GTX 1GB | Seagate 500GB HDD | Samsung 2233SW 22" LCD @1920x1080 | Antec Nine Hundred Two Ultimate Case| Noctua Cooler | Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit | nVidia Driver 190.62 | TrackIR5 | fsx.CFG untweaked
"I used for first all the options enabled and i am about at 25 fps. then i disabled the 3 GSE and the fps doesn't change so much, maybe 5 fps, anyway it's more fluid. At the end i disabled also the 4 cars and bus taxis, and i can fly at 35 fps, also more, depends on the angle of view." - PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 5600+ X2 Dual | ASUS M2N32-Sli-Deluxe | 2 GB DDR2 RAM 533 MHz | ATI 4870 HD X 2 crossfire | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum | 3 HD Western Digital 10k RPM 75 GB | ext HD e-sata 1,25 TB | AOL 19" monitor | ENERMAX midtower Chakra | TECNOWARE X-Typhoon 700 W | Windows XP professional
So there you have it from two beta testers with fairly modest hardware. Take it from me, YMML2 runs like a dream, and looks bloody fantastic!
Here's another report from a tester using the PMDG JS41 with an i7 930:
"Also did some ccts in JS41 from Rwy34 as follows: Scenery Complexity: Extremely Dense, Autogen Density: Extremely Dense, aircraft ground shadows on, Airline traffic 50%, cloud draw & distance at Max, Mesh res 5m, Text res 7cm & Water Low 2.x. - Takeoff 26FPS, Abeam 22FPS, Approach 22FPS" - PC Specs: i7 930 @4.2Gz | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R |6Gb DDR3 1600 | GTX470 |WIN XP SP3 32bit | WIN 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Here's what you can look forward to:
- 7cm/pixel imagery for aprons, taxiways and airport area around terminals
- 60cm/pixel imagery over a much larger area (expanded from ~40km sq to ~80km sq)
- Much better performance than versions 1.0 - 1.5
- Completely remodeled in 3D Studio Max
- TextureFlow enhanced
- Russ and Marty's beautifully modeled ground services equipment
- Many new photos taken onsite and building textures updated
- Ground imagery completely cleaned up and now with 3D modeled vehicles across 100% of airport
- FSX polys used only for runways for better performance
- Brand new approach lighting system (will also be used at YSCB)
- The new international terminal expansion, accurate to the last ground marking, gate and stairs
- Updated buildings, Tiger terminal expansion and new ATC side buildings
- Completely accurate ground markings in 7cm, reflects the airport operations as of today
- New gate locations and revised airport layout to reflect expansion
- Includes coverage at Taylors Lakes and Watergardens shopping centre
- Includes the township of Bulla
- Full integrated with FTX AU Traffic 3.01
- Expanded Control Panel options
- And much more!