This is the incredible new Quest Kodiak by Quest Aircraft Corporation in Sandpoint Idaho. This is a turboprop powered 10 passenger, high endurance bush plane designed for all the elements of the world.
Featuring STOL capabilities, a rugged landing gear and airframe, a new dual wingfoil design, and a large clamshell style door for uploading cargo and passengers more easily.
This unique, high tech bush plane comes equipped with the state of the art Garmin G1000 panel system linked with the modern S-Tec Five-Fifty X Auto Pilot system. The Flight Sim version of the Kodiak features a low resources MFD GPS panel system that is designed to use less computer power to render the map, and also can be turned off into 'sleep mode' for added frame rate performance.
This package is a high detail Flight Sim addon and features 10 models and 7 different texture packs and liveries. This features a fully decked out Rescue Air-Ambulance version, passenger model, and a 'filled to the
top' Cargo plane. Each model comes with an optional Belly Pod, and also 3 versions of Amphibious float planes, one of each of the base models, (Rescue, Passenger, and Cargo).
This newest 'Build 2.00' has been totally rebuilt and features an all new instrument panel system, faster Garmin system, high resolution texture packs, more refined parts meshes, extreme detail with super small
parts being shown, and now also includes a fully FSX 'pure' model version complete with DDS DXT5 format textures, FSX models, and 3 dimensional bump mapping, showing all rivets and panel lines in a 3D high realism view.
Lastly, this also features a 'High Performance Texture Pack' with an auto-installer that loads a set of textures that are all 'standard resolution'. This is for those who might have slower computers or less powerful laptop
Exterior - New paint schemes including factory orange and the famous MAF, (Missionary Aviation Fellowship), in red, white, and blue.
- Fully Animated control surfaces and landing gear, all three doors, with the cargo clamshell door having flip out steps.
- Animated exterior model pilot with roaming head animations
- New high detail panel with extreme care taken to exactly duplicate the actual Kodiak instrument panel
- New, refined, high performance glass screen "Garmin G1000" system with optional 'sleep mode' in the MFD
- New high detail manual that will 'evolve' with the aircraft
- Rebuild cabin with high detail textures, details, refined object mesh. Doors now open fully forward, bush style.
- New 'composite style' Amphibian floats featuring retractable gear and new lower hull design as like the factory model
- Air Ambulance Rescue model that features a patient in the gurney, animated IV bottles, and tons of equipment and supplies
- Passenger version with new production model seat designs, and an optional leather seat package as well
- High detail center power console with all features in 3D with high resolution texturing
- 8 Position (each) sun visors, actuated seperately, semi transparent, can swivel sideways
- Multiple (3) interior lighting elements; Rear Cabin Domelights, Front Cockpit Dome light, Instrumentation and cabin soft glow.
- New full and pure FSX version Kodiak, featuring FSX models and materials, bump mapping, and DDS DXT5 textures
- High Performance Texture Pack 'optional' download with auto-installer for those with slower computers
- Redeveloped airfile set with a nice 'flairing' ability now to bring your Kodiak in 'main gear' first on rough terrain
- New textures include Red, Orange, and the Red White and Blue 'Missionary Aviation Fellowship' paint scheme
- Sky Door switch that hides the rear clam shell door assembly to replicate a Sky Diver variant Kodiak
The new, high detail Virtual Cockpit now features a very 'high realism' panel that was painstakingly re-created virtually from high resolution photographs from the factory. System features a new, low resource useage Garmin screen system, and hide away control yokes.
New to the Kodiak Build-2 package is the factory power pedestal center
console. This features animated levers and trim wheel, 3D circuit breaker
buttons, and night illumination.
A 2D Panel is featured with the Kodiak package. This incorporates the
switch console from below as well as the S-Tec 5-50X Auto Pilot.
Download Manual: Click Here
High Resolution (EXTREME) Panel Textures for FSX
This will upgrade your instrument panel resolution for the FSX Edition of
the Quest Kodiak, making them double size.
These are in DDS DXT5 format and are 2048 pixels square. The
download is 1.4 megs. You can download them here;
To install, simply drop the two DDS files into 'both' the Kodiak/'textures'
folder and Kodiak Floatplane 'textures' folder (texture folder in 'each' of
the 2 Kodiak aircraft folders in FSX).
This 'will not' improve frame rates. This will improve resolution of the font
lettering on the instrument panels, and may lessen your computer
performance at least 1 frame rate.