Available in boxed DVD edition here.
This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest must be installed prior to use.
Nestled in the rolling farmland of the fertile Willamette Valley near Portland, Oregon, Stark's Twin Oaks Airpark is ideally located for sightseeing in the Pacific Northwest. The rural location makes for less traffic and a relaxed atmosphere, while providing an easy jumping-off point for flights to either the coast to the west, or the rugged peaks of the Cascade range to the east. The scenery includes a large area of 30cm/pixel aerial photoreal terrain, featuring the various orchards, Alpaca ranches, and small farms in the area. One special point of interest in the area is the massive Glacier rock quarry, located a few miles to the southeast of the field. And what is possibly a first for an FS airport: multiple elevations.
Twin Oaks is carved from the side of a gentle slope, and as a result, the Starks' house, garage, and two of the hangars are on a hill overlooking the rest of the field. Lead developer Bill Womack has obsessively researched and photographed the airport over the last few years, with the enthusiastic support of owners Bob and Betty Stark. We're proud to offer the definitive sim rendition of one of Oregon's aviation jewels.
- Ground imagery at 30cm per pixel
- Crafted by master developer Bill Womack
- Full of 'little details' that make it charming
- Superb HD 5m terrain mesh for super clarity
- Includes a large coverage of photoreal area
- Lush rural valley with farms, crops and more
- World first - multiple elevation airfield
- Made with full support of owners, the Starks
- Includes custom GA AI Traffic movements
- Made from thousands of on-site photos
- Superbly detailed models of all buildings
- Several years in the making!
- Orbx TextureFlow optimised models