US Cities X is a series of city scenery for FSX that covers US cities created by LimeSim. Based on an extensive aerial image it will haveall the major buildings and landmarks plus all the heliports and small airports that are inside the covered areas.
It is clearly intended to fill the gap between the default scenery and very high dense city scenery such as Manhattan X, London VFR or Venice X. Because the file size is rather large due to the ground image it only includes one season (in most cases this is not a real issue) and no night textures. The VFR flights over these cities is mostly a day time affair anyway. The second in this range is San Francisco, California.
Please note that the images don't even show the scenery at full density settings! You can see even more than what you see on the images provided you have an extremely fast PC.
- Aerial image coverage (see attached Google Earth file)
- More than 2800 major buildings included
- Thousands of Autogen buildings placed realistically
- All three heliports and 1 seaplane base in good detail
- Detailed ship in SFO bay with helipad
- Sound effects near heliports and bridges
- Traffic on most major raods
- Includes new Eastern Span of the Bay Bridge
- Low price, very good value for money.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration or SP2)
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7 (fully updated)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad advised)
2 GB RAM
Direct X 9 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
Installation-Size: 390 MB