The H-60 evolved from experience in Vietnam for the need for a larger and more powerful battle worthy helicopter. The basic design has evolved into many sub types, ranging from medical, troop carrying, submarine hunting, military assault, fire fighting, police and passenger carrying in both the civil and VIP markets. Sales of the Blackhawk now cover 19 nations across the globe, surpassed only by the ageing Sea King.
For FSX SP1/SP2 Acceleration and FS2004
- SEVEN variants included :
- MH-60K : 160th Special Operation Aviation Regiment (SOAR), 'Nightstalkers', Somalia
- UH-60L : USA, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
- S-70A-9 : AAAC (Australian Army Aviation Corps), A Squadron, 5e Aviation Regiment, RAAF Townsville QLD.
- UH-60L : United Nations Preventative Deployment Force (UNPREDEP), Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) 1992.
- S-70A : IDFAF, Tsvah Haganah le Israel Heyl Ha'Avir (Israel Defence Force/Air Force), 124 Tayaset, Palmachim Air Base.
- UH-60Q : KFOR, Company A, 1-137th Assault Helicopter Battalion, Ohio Army National Guard, KFOR rotation 6A, Yugoslavia.
- UH-60Q : MEDEVAC, Company C, 3/2 Aviation Regiment (GSAB), Camp Humphreys Korea.
- includes 'REALGAUGE' technology :
most v-c gauges are 3D models with complete 3D working parts such as needles, flags etc
all gauges are fully mousable with switch parts all working correctly
'RealGauge' provides - prefect smooth operation, high FPS, extremely crisp appearance
all gauges have custom nighttime illumination
note - 2D panel is not needed, a 'minimal' bitmap is however provided
- animations for : pilot doors, side sliding doors, auto-stabilator, toggle pilots on/off
- full FSX model with all FSX features (bump mapping, self-shadowing, bloom etc)
- the input of three H-60 personnel was used in order to ensure a high level of accuracy throughout the package
- the MFD has been sculpted to perfectly emulate the real-world H-60 MFD system
- FSX model includes V-C self-shadowing (effect requires FSX SP2/Accel, Vista, DX10)
- realistic spec / shine, with custom bump mapping to bring every rivet and surface to life
- highly authentic virtual cockpit with animations and many mousable controls
- FSX version uses 2048-pixel bitmaps for added clarity in the v-c
- simulated WX1000+ StormScope
- brake pedal animations
- MH-60K probe can be operated using the tail hook key
- pilot visibility can be toggled using the water rudder key
- fully modelled rear cabin (FSX only)
- very accurate flight model
- 7 interior and 5 exterior preset camera views (FSX only)
- extremely high quality TSS soundset included
- 63-page, colour illustrated user manual in .PDF format, all aspects of the package are covered