Ant's Airplanes is proud to present the Drifter Ultralight addon aircraft for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X.
The Drifter 582 ultralight is a two seat, wire braced, tail dragger aircraft and represents the ultimate plane for low and slow flying in FSX. The Austflight Drifter is an extensively modified version of the original Maxair Drifter and since the early 1980’s approximately 500 have been built. A Brolga 4 blade prop is powered by a Rotax 582 engine which is mounted behind the pilot and passenger and allows the aircraft to cruise at around 65kts and provides excellent short field performance.
The aircraft has a high Dacron covered wing and the pilot sits in front of the passenger ahead of the wing thus providing an excellent field of view. If you've spent some money on some nice scenery recently then this is the perfect aircraft to see it.
This particular aircraft is a virtual nuts and bolts recreation of the real world aircraft 25-455 and includes the following features:
Additional Product Info:
- Smooth 3D gauges
- Custom made radio and GPS units
- Incredibly detailed model
- Wheeled version plus Float plane version
- Bump and specular mapped textures
- 13 paint variations in total
- Paint variations included with user settable registration numbers
- Genuine engine sounds
- Stall buffet effect
- Animations for tiedowns, pitot covers and wheel chocks
- Animated pilot and passenger models which can be displayed or hidden
- In game Animation manager to control animations
- Separate Setup Program to manage preferences and load settings
- Demo version available so you can try before you buy
Version 1.10 of the Drifter adds compatibility with Prepar3D V2 or higher. In addition the standalone Drifter Setup Program is no longer required.
The in game Animation Manager has been updated to handle the functions of the Drifter Setup Program.
The demo version of this aircraft is available from the developers website at www.antsairplanes.com. The following limitations apply to the demo version:
What you get when you buy the full version:
- Float plane model only
- Uses default Trike soundset
- Uses default GPS 295
- Only 2 paint schemes
The demo should provide a good representation of the performance and framerates you would get from the full version.
- Both wheeled and float versions
- Custom soundset
- Avmap EKP IV GPS
- 13 paint schemes in total
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or Gold
296MB of free hard drive space
Microsoft .NET 4.0 to run the Setup Program
It is impossible to give an accurate PC system requirement as even similarly specced systems may perform differently with FSX. The best advice I can give is to download the demo version and assess for yourself how well it runs. For reference I created this aircraft on an Intel E8500 core 2 due 3.16Ghz CPU with 4GB ram and an NVidia 9600GT 1GB video card running Windows XP SP3.